I guess how hard relates to what kind of remote access you have. I'm
guessing Windows is the os, and PHP/MySQL on Windows has been a piece of
cake for me. I've done it more than a few times on different computers.
However, I've never done it remotely. If you have remote desktop access to
the computer, then it should be just as easy as if you had physical access
to the box. There are very nicely documented sources on how to install both
PHP and MySQL, and with a bare minimum computer knowledge, you should do
fine. However, I can't think of how you could do it with any other kind of
remote access... I'm guessing they gave you remote desktop access though, so
you should do fine.