You can put some text (for example:  type here:) and when the textfield gets
the focus you can detele the text.

Bianca

On 3/26/07, Matthias Dittgen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello list,

I have a dynamic textfield like this in the constructor of a class
extending MovieClip:

        createTextField("tf", getNextHighestDepth(),0,0,__width,__height);
        __textField = this["tf"];
        __textField.type = "input";
        __textField.selectable = true;
        __textField.embedFonts = true;
        __textField.border = false;
        __textField.background = false;
        __textField.html = true;
        setText(__text);

setText looks like this:

public function setText(text:String)
{
        __text = text;
        __textField.htmlText = '<font '
                +'face="'+__font+'" '
                +'size="'+__size+'" '
                +'color="'+__color+'">'
                +(__text!=undefined?__text:'')
                +'</font>';
}

If the TextField is left empty on start, it is impossible to write to
the textfield or even to get a cursor to appear in the textfield.
If the TextField has content on start, it is possible to change the
text. It is also possible to delete all characters and enter new.
But it is not possible to click behind the last character and type
something behind on start. After marking the whole text, this is
possible.

Is this a focus problem? I really searched for this problem this list
as well as many forums, but could not find a real solution. I could
switch back to using html=false and using TextFormat, but I would
really like to use htmlText.

Every suggestion is welcome.
Matthias