This looks like a lot of very strange stuff is going on in the design of this
code. I think you should explain what you want to do at a very high level so we
can see if there is a better and simpler way to accomplish it. (I can't figure
out where the Delegate mentioned in the subject line is coming from, either.)

> From: "Helmut Granda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2007/04/03 Tue AM 08:38:08 CDT
> To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
> Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Delegate Class Scoping self instantiated
>
> So I figured it out.... or at least I think I did,
>
> private var target: myClass;
>
> function myClass(){
>
>  target = this;
> }
>
> now I can reference to properties within a class without breaking the app.
> So in the same lines, is there anyway to code the classe so that we don't
> have to reference to the properties and methods within the class without
> having to say
>
> target.objectA._x = 130;
>
> but just have
>
> objectA._x = 130;
>
> Thanks
> -h
>
> On 4/3/07, Helmut Granda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Oh, and I forgot an important point, the reson why I want to find the
> > scope of the class is because inside the class there are variables that talk
> > to each other and I can have them talk back and forth like this
> >
> > _level0.instance1.myVariable = "blah";
> >
> > but this of course wont work when the movie is loaded into a new movie
> > because the reference will be lost and changes to
> >
> > _level0.movieHolder.instance1.myVariable = "blah";
> >
> > and of course it breaks the app.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > -h
> >
> > On 4/3/07, Merrill, Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Classes don't know their own scope, they are oblivious to anything
> > > outside of them, (unless of course you import some other class - then
> > > they know what the other class does, but still don't have any scope
> > > reference).  What are you trying to do?
> > >
> > > Jason Merrill
> > > Bank of America
> > > GT&O Learning & Leadership Development