Muzak,

I mainly just want to be able to access components such as a text area and have it work in flex and flash and not have to worry about the kind of text area I'm using if its flex or flash. They should both be able to work together. Or a simple component such as a button, they should be
recognized the same while calling it in flash or flex.

   If not, I can see major pains between the two.

It would be nice if there is some brilliant workflow integration to handle this point. Otherwise we'll need to make an Interface for every flex to flash movie which is probably better structure wise, but what if we want to return objects from one framework to the
next. Might bring up issues such as a text area from flash or flex.
Best, Austin

Muzak wrote:
Even if this will be possible, you probably should think about separating animation from non-animated visual elements (ui-components).
Why bring in a different framework if Flex already has one?

fl.controls.Button (CS3)
vs
mx.controls.Button (Flex)

Different package, but the same Button though.

In any way, your Flex app probably shouldn't be *talking* to assets inside a
loaded swf (Flash or otherwise) directly anyway.
The loaded swf should have its own class and handle things independant and dispatch events when needed to communicate to the outside (Flash --> Flex) and have public methods to allow communication in the other direction (Flex --> Flash). So I think the more important question is, will events dispatched from an FCS3 swf loaded in an Flex app be captured, or in other words, if a FCS3 swf has a (document) class associated with it, will Flex recognize it.
My guess is that this is what they're currently (or have been) focusing on ;-)

Right now the communication between Flex and a loaded (flash 8) swf is
established through a LocalConnection.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see ;-)

regards,
Muzak

----- Original Message ----- From: "Austin Kottke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>