-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jordan
Snyder
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 2:03 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] setInterval woes

Steven, why is that?  If he's only calling it once and the interval is
only defined/set once, why would you call clearInterval?

On 4/20/07, Steven Sacks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You should always call clearInterval before setInterval.  ALWAYS.
>

> Michael King wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Some of you may remember my problems with visually mapping streaming
data
> > before.  I ended up needing them as separate clips to provide individual
> > roll-over support with the ability to add links in a future revision.
> >
> > Well, now that I have it performing better, I'm breaking down the
> > information into intervals of 1 minute "bursts".  What I'm trying to do
is
> > use setInterval to have it pull the data once per minute.
> >
> > The problem is, when I use setInterval as documented, it waits the first
> > minute, does its thing, but then it ignores the interval after that,
> > pulling the data every time that frame comes up.
> >

> > Here's the relevant bit of code:
> >
> > function intervalLoop() {
> >       xmlData = new XML();
> >       xmlData.load("wddx.php");
> >       xmlData.onLoad = function () {
> >             wddx = new Wddx();
> >             _root.wddxObj = wddx.deserialize(this);
> >             delete(xmlData);
> >       }
> >
> >       for (j=0; j < _root.lines.length; j++) {
> >             trace("Deleting clip: " + _root.lines[j]["pen"]._name);
> >             _root.lines[j]["pen"].removeMovieClip();
> >             delete(_root.lines[j]["pen"]);
> >             delete(_root.lines[j]["timestamp"]);
> >             _root.lines.splice(j,1);
> >       }
> >
> >       for (var i in _root.wddxObj) {
> >             _root.counter++;
> >             date_now = new Date();
> >             pen = createEmptyMovieClip("curve_" + i + "_mc", 2 +
> > _root.counter);
> >             trace("Added clip: " + pen._name);
> >             pen.lineStyle(1.5,0xFF6600);
> >             container = {pen: pen, timestamp: date_now};
> >             _root.lines.push(container);
> >             dest_long = _root.wddxObj[i]["long"];
> >             dest_lat = _root.wddxObj[i]["lat"];
> >             site = _root.wddxObj[i]["site"];
> >             src_long = _root.locations[site]["long"];
> >             src_lat = _root.locations[site]["lat"];
> >             curvePoint(pen, src_long, src_lat, dest_long, dest_lat);
> >       }
> > }
> >
> > setInterval(intervalLoop, 60000);
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Michael King
> > CSIRT - Developer
> > Security Incident Response Group
> > Humana Inc.
> > E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > "STANDS: Some Theoretical Acronym Not Described Sufficiently"
> >
> > The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive
this material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or
destroy the material/information.

> > Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
> > http://www.figleaf.com
> > http://training.figleaf.com