-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kelly Smith
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 1:31 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] seek() in VideoPlayer class

I'd like to essentially echo what Mr. Sacks says:

Use the NetConnection and NetStream classes to roll your own player. Not
only can you employ bug-free seek supporting, but you can also create a
faux-streaming player with a little java or php that will open the doors to
many possibilities. It will take a little bit more time, at first, but in
the end you'll be a better coder and have a better player.

Check out Jeroen Wijering's wonderful open source flv player for a good
grounding in the basics--

http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_Video_Player

--and move from there.

Win-win.