Regarding Flash / Flex integration ...

As a Flash developer I have felt that Adobe was doing a pretty crappy job
explaining Flash / Flex integration.  Now I understand that they were just
waiting to release Flash CS3.  After all, Flex 2 is exclusively AS3 based.
So in retrospect it seems fair that Adobe has been waiting until a GA
release of Flash authoring was out that support AS3 authoring.

First, from what I have seen so far Flash / Flex integration is generally a
one-way street.  That is Flash authored content can be integrated into Flex
projects.  I have not yet seen anything regarding integrating Flex 2
authored content into Flash projects.  But again this may be because Flash
CS3 has not yet hit the streets.  IF ANYONE KNOWS OF FLEX IN FLASH EXAMPLES,
PLEASE POST THEM?  :-)

Anyhow, since Austin's original post starting this thread Flash CS3 has been
announced and Adobe has started opening up the floodgates on information
about Flash / Flex integration.

The first big salvo is the Flex Component Kit for Flash
CS3<http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_Component_Kit_for_Flash_CS3>now
up on labs.  On Monday
JesseWarden.com did a very nice piece using the Component Kit and which
shows how well the Flash/Flex can integrate together.  Jesse's post is here:
http://www.jessewarden.com/archives/2007/04/example_for_fle.html
(Thank you again Jesse!)

At the labs
page<http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_Component_Kit_for_Flash_CS3>,
there is a "watch this presentation" link with an Acrobat Connect recording
by Glenn Ruehle.  Glenn is a lead from the team that created the "Flex
Component Kit for Flash CS3".  Just click the following link and let Glenn
walk you through it:
http://adobedev.adobe.acrobat.com/p75214263/

Also Grant Skinner, a lead on the team that created the AS3 components that
ship with Flash CS3, has posted about integrating Flash/Flex too:
http://www.gskinner.com/blog/archives/2007/03/flex_loves_flas.html
http://www.gskinner.com/blog/archives/2007/03/using_flash_sym.html
http://www.gskinner.com/blog/archives/2007/04/flash_cs3_compo.html

Please post back any additional links that you might find.

Happy Flashing!