Hi list,

Now that we have AS 3.0 and Flash CS3 we can finally start to make some
decent Flash components, don't we?

Or so I thought but it's not exactly the same like making components with
AS2 and resources on how to develop them with CS3 and AS3 are sparse or
should I say non-existent so far?! So I was wondering if somebody knows of
any tutes that shed some light on this.

With AS3 we cannot use identifiers anymore when linking a symbol in the
library, we can only provide a class name. Also on the Component Definition
dialog are some settings that are left in the dark when looking into the
docs, for one there's another Class input field and stuff to obviously
create skinable components but a simple beginner guidance would be very
appreciated!

Sascha

--

http://hiddenresource.corewatch.net/