Calling all AS2.0 developers who have experience working with XMLSocket
connections..
I've recently been seeing an odd behaviour in an app I've developed
which has a continual connection to a socket server.

The symptom I've been seeing is the connection becoming inactive, the
onClose event does not get fired, it just stops receiving XML. My
current workaround is to monitor idle time on this connection and
reconnect if a ceiling is reached. The current thinking is that this is
due to some network/firewall/environmental issue and investigation is
time-consuming, though a bug with flash has not been ruled out.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and found the
root cause of it? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tom