> Thanks for the help!
>
> In your professional opinion is "almost the same" good enough
> or will I need to tweak the char set? So you know I'm only
> displaying short button labels and headings.

I don't speak Arabic or know anything about it other than what's in the
Unicode data :) I get the impression that Persian is a superset of standard
Arabic (like adding accented European characters to standard Roman), so
something that works with Persian should display standard Arabic correctly
too (I think there are some differences with ligatures, but they're minor).
I know nothing about Sorani, but I'd suggest trying it out and seeing how
things turn out.

By the way: if your text is short and doesn't need line breaks, you *may*
find that if you use non-embedded fonts your text will display correctly
with no work at all. Try that first if you're willing to sacrifice a little
quality.

> Also we're getting the copy supplied from a translation
> house, the Project Manager said this will be coming over as
> pdf. I've got a full copy of Acrobat so hope this shouldn't
> be a problem. If it is would you recommend any other format
> for them to supply in?

AFAIK, Acrobat supports RTL languages fine (although you may need to install
the language pack on your machine).

> I can't seem to log into the archives, which is frustrating.

You should be able to search them with Google: try 'flashcoders kodicek
arabic' as a search string.

Best
Danny