Couldn't you just use call() or apply()?

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/main/00002234.html

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert
Brisita
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 11:05 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Syntax for dynamically calling a function

You could do something like this:

class Something
{
    method1();
    method2(a_number:Number);
}

Somewhere else:
var method_str:String = "method1";
var sm:Something = new Something();

sm[method_str](); // Will call method1 class method
sm["method2"](0x09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0); // Also works ;-)

Ciao,
Rob.