I was wondering if I am doing something correctly when adding listeners to objects. My question is, if I remove the listener is the code below then the right way. Do I use the Proxy class (or mx.utils.Delegate) also when I remove the listener??

//adding a listener
this.currentDisplayObject.addEventListener('onContentCleared' , utils.Proxy.create(this , onBlockContentDestoyed , 'text ' , url))

//removing it
this.currentDisplayObject.removeEventListener('onContentCleared' , utils.Proxy.create(this , onBlockContentDestoyed))

Thank you

Jiri

John Trentini wrote:
Hi guys,

I want to create as many text fields (which eventually I would like to turn into buttons) as the length of an array. I also want to use the content of the array to populate the text of the fields created dynamically. I have tried everything I know but ....all I seem to get is one filed with the lasat item in the array, sheesh!

I've gone absolutely mad on this one (newish to actionScript, I am!) but can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I could do with a helping hand or seven =:-)

var myTxt:Array = new Array("branding", "news", "about us", "print", "marks", "contact");
var myX = 430;
var menuArray:Array = new Array();
var ySpacing:Number = 90;
//

/*****************create  textFields**********************/
//
//

for(i=0; i<myTxt.length; i++) {
   _root.createTextField("mytext"+[i], 1, myX, 0, 100, 30);
   myId = _root["mytext"+[i]];
   myId._y = ySpacing;
   ySpacing += 40;
// trace(myTxt[i]); //the trace works, it list all tyhe lements in the array but myId.text = myTxt[i]; // this one in not producing the appropriate results
   //
   myId.border = false;
   myformat = new TextFormat();
   myformat.font = "Verdana";
   myformat.size = 14;
   myformat.bold = true;
   myformat.color = 0x555555;
   myformat.align = "right";
   //
   myId.selectable = false;
   myId.setTextFormat(myformat);
   //myId.text = myTxt[i];  //tried putting it at the end but no dah!
   //