De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] En nombre de nik crosina
Enviado el: Martes, 08 de Mayo de 2007 08:16
Para: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Asunto: Re: [Flashcoders] flv playback from DVD

Thanks for your ideas - I might jst a few frames of colour matte in
the beginning fading up so that this is not an issue anymore.

I also think that it's not a Zinc issue, as it even happens when I
just play it out of Flash (Ctrl+Enter).

We also have since discovered that the audio and video file from which
the flv was taken are not exactly the same length in the original, so
this may have an impact on this probhlem as well another problme I am
having with this which is the stop event not firing properly.... (but
that is another topic on this list ...

NIk C

On 5/7/07, Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Nik, I think this is on topic. I have not personally had this happen to me,
> and I have created many, many such apps because of the client-specified need
> to show the FBI warning at the immediate start of the app. Without looking
> at your app code, to see if there¹s anything obvious (and I doubt there is),
> the only thing I can think of is environmental.
>
> 1. I use mProjector rather than Zinc. Not sure if that has any impact.
> 2. Based on your explanation, my theory is heavily leaning toward DVD
> spin-up or access time. Spin-up may not be an issue since the drive has to
> spin to launch the app and, presumably, is at full speed.
>
> Maybe you could map your DVD burn to put the video closer to the file?
> Probably not responsible, but it's an idea. What about adding a bit of a
> delay on the user experience side to allow the FLV to preload? Does
> increasing the buffer time help?
>
> Rich
>

> On 5/7/07 6:12 AM, "nik crosina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Going a bit off topic, but have you ever had a kind of hick up every
> > time an flv starts playback.
> >
> > I am having my Zinc created exe start with playing a intro video clip
> > and it always starts with a little stutter or hick up. I guess this is
> > some loading issue, but don't know what to do to solve it...

Nik C