-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen
Downs
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 1:02 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] ASO files, file times, and classes, oh my

I've seen this before, but can't clearly understand the root cause.
Most likely it is the cross-referencing bytecode compile bug that
plagues Flash 8. Deleting ASO files does not work in many cases.

I solve it by using my devilishly simple Compile class, as pointed
out in the recent "Flash 8 OSX - Classpath woes" thread. Here again
is the class, with usage help in the comments:

// -----------------------------

/**
* Compiler class
*
* This is a simple class to aid in compiling other self-referential
classes that stubbornly refuse to compile. This frequently occurs
when a class (A) refers to another class (B) which then refers back
to the first class (A), giving the following compile error: "The name
of this class, 'x', conflicts with the name of another class that was
loaded, 'x'". To address this issue, just change the import reference
in this class to refer to the problem class, and check syntax on this
class.
*
* The logic behind this fix is explained here: http://
ericlin2.tripod.com/as2/conflict.html
*
* @author Stephen Downs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
* @version 1.0
* @langversion ActionScript 2.0
* @playerversion Flash 8
*/
// Change this reference to target the stubborn class.
import com.plasticbrain.dir.MyStubbornClass;
//
class com.plasticbrain.tools.Compiler  { }