public static function center():Void
{
   var targetClip:MovieClip = MovieClip(arguments.shift());
   var i:Number = arguments.length;
   while (i--)
   {
       arguments[i]._x = targetClip._x + (targetClip._width / 2);
       arguments[i]._y = targetClip._y + (targetClip._height / 2);

:)

Alistair Colling wrote:
Hi there, just a quick syntax question, I want to receive a function that will centre the position of all objects passed to that of the first object passed but the number of objects passed may vary. This is the syntax I am currently using, is this the best way to do it?
Thanks for any comments in advance :)
Ali

//ob1 is the object that the objects in the array centre themselves to
public static function center(ob1:Object, ob_ar:Array) {
        var targetX:Number = ob1._x;
        var targetY:Number = ob1._y;
        for (var i = 0; i<ob_ar.length; i++) {
            ob_ar[i]._x = targetX+(ob1._width/2);