Hear me out before freaking out.

1. Half of the posts in Coders are more or less Newbie posts anyhow.

2. There is just not a lot of traffic in Newbies. So, it's hard to
pick Coders brains and honestly, most Newbie questions can be answered
by a Coder in less than a minute. I post in Newbies, but answers can
take days. Seems like Jason Merrill is one of the few Coders dedicated
to helping out those less fortunate.

3. Making Newbies stronger benefits all. After a while, a typical
dedicated Newbie will be able to field a lot of the other Newbie
questions and the situation will level out.

4. But oh, the increased traffic! Please. I have a dedicated gmail
account for this list. It threads the posts together and has
practically unlimited storage and very good search.

5. Pound home the idea that Newbies need to title their posts as such
"No0b: How do I make a movie clip?" Coders don't have to do anything.

6. What's good for Flash developers is good for  the Flash Platform.
Getting more Newbies to an intermediate level benefits the Flash
Platform as a whole with better apps, better people in jobs to lobby
for Flash, etc, etc.

Ok, now you can freak out.

--
count_schemula