confirmed.. same issue here..

I found it trying to get a mProjector exe with embedded universal
plugin to talk to a director app which obviously uses the rosetta
emulation..

On 5/17/07, Andy Herrman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is your situation the same as Jeff's?  Specifically, is one SWF
running in Flash 9 natively and the other running in Flash 8 through
Rosetta?  If so then I doubt they would be able to connect via local
connection.

My understanding of how Local Connection works is that it uses shared
memory (though I could be wrong).  This is something that probably
can't be done between something running natively and something running
through Rosetta, as they would effectively have completely different
environments.  It would be similar to running one flash movie in
windows, then running another one inside another windows running in a
Virtual PC instance and expecting them to talk to each other with
local connection.  True, they're running on the same machine, but
their environments are segregated.

If both your movies are running in the same environment then I don't
know why it wouldn't work.

 -Andy

On 5/16/07, Adam Hoyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks for responding. Glad for sanity reasons to know that I am not
> the only person experiencing this.
>
> Adam
>
> On 16 May 2007, at 14:39, Jeff Gomes wrote:
>

> > Adam-
> >
> > When one process is running natively (with Flash 9 universal binary
> > player) and the other is running under emulation (with a Flash 8
> > projector or the Director Flash Asset Xtra), I cannot get it to
> > work either.
> >
> > -Jeff
> >
> > At 05:00 5/16/2007, Adam Hoyle wrote:
> >> Hi Flash Coders
> >>
> >> I am having a problem with local connection communication between an
> >> exe and a website, but only on INTEL macs.
> >>
> >> I have the underscore before the name, but the messages aren't
> >> getting through (they do on windows and g4 mac). Interestingly
> >> (frustratingly) the second thing to connect to lco doesn't get any
> >> onStatus message called either. I have tried removing the underscore
> >> and appending the domain and a colon to the beginning, but that also
> >> fails on intel mac, but works on windows and g4 mac.
> >>
> >> Has anyone else come across this bug, or more to the point has anyone
> >> got an exe and a swf on a website to talk to one another on an intel
> >> mac (g4 works fine, so it's specific to intel macs)? I've noticed
> >> that the Luminic Box tracer doesn't work on Intel Macs either,
> >> haven't checked xray.
> >>
> >> Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received,
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Adam

> > Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
> > http://www.figleaf.com