What is your usb device? If it accessible trough hyperterminal, zinc can get
it, if hyperterminal can't see it, then you would require a driver.

Pedro.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of quinrou .
Sent: sexta-feira, 18 de Maio de 2007 18:42
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] flash and USB port

Joe, i thought about that I also fund a xtra for doing so too but, i would
rather avoid using Director.

Pedro, I have been checking out Zinc and it has a COMPort class which I
beleive is I/O communication. when I did a quick test to check whether it
could detect some USB device, I only got connaction with COM1, COM2 which i
beleive are the serial and parallel port, no?

Anyone else?