Hi,

With LoadVars.sendAndLoad() the second parameter is the name of an object not a frame that will receive data, e.g.

mSendVars = new LoadVars();
mLoadVars = new LoadVars();

mSendVars.sendAndLoad(mPostURL, mLoadVars, "POST");

The onload event should be fired for the target, so.

mLoadVars.onLoad = function(success:Boolean) {
        trace(stMail);
};

You don't have to use 2 LoadVars objects, you can use them both to send and receive data if you like:

mLoadVars.sendAndLoad(mPostURL, mLoadVars, "POST");

Hope this helps...

Glen

Rodrigo Augusto Guerra wrote:
hi all,

I'm having some problems using sendandload method within a html frame.

I have an asp page that is a frameset with 2 rows, header and content. the content frame
name is "principal".

Took me some time to discover first of all that I need pass the frame name in
the sendandload method, as a return object otherwise the values *are not*
received correctly by the asp page (at least I wasn't able to do it).

In the principal frame, I have a swf that calls a asp page that do some DB check and return a variable/value to flash( eg: stMail=0) . Testing with *send* method it works and I can see the result displayed inside the frame by the asp response.write. But when I try to use sendAndLoad looks like that it doesn't execute the onLoad method.
I believe that this is due to the fact that I specify the *frame name* in the
LoadVars return object,but if i don't the asp page will not receive the values
from flash and continue the processing in the asp page. I also tried specify a
function for the onLoad without success.
How the object knows what it should execute when loads if in the object parameter i specify the frame name?

my code:

  lvEmailSnd = new LoadVars();
  lvEmailSnd.email = txtEmail.text;
  lvEmailSnd.dataRecup = myDateStr;
lvEmailSnd.onLoad = _root.retornoBuscaEmail;
 lvEmailSnd.sendAndLoad("usuarios/procuraemail.asp","principal","POST"); here
dosen't work
 // lvEmailSnd.send("usuarios/procuraemail.asp","principal","POST");    // here
works

and my onload function (never ever called back) :

function retornoBuscaEmail(success){

    mytext.text = success

}

any help will be *very* welcome.