If you want to be updated with his works you have to read his blog:

http://toxi.co.uk/blog/

or check his flickr account:

http://flickr.com/photos/toxi/

As far as I remember he rendered it at very high definition, I'm quite
sure it wasn't happening in real-time (sometimes he uses a high
quality renderer that takes quite a while to process frames).

Best, chr