Here's a weird one: I created a frame 1 preloader that simply displays load
progress onscreen and then issues a nextFrame() command when it's done. When
I run it in the IDE, it works fine and runs as expected. If I publish it to
a website, it also works as expected. If I Simulate Download in the Flash
IDE, it totally ignores the stop() in frame 1, runs the code and proceeds
onto frame 2.

Test (you should only see a loader then 1 image):
http://www.3ddu.org/test/simple_1.swf

Source (Test and you should see 1 image, Simulate download and it will
bypass frame 1 and start at frame 2): http://www.3ddu.org/test/simple_1.fla

I tested this on another Flash 8 IDE here and I also tested it on the Flash
9 Alpha IDE and they do the same thing. anyone seen this before?