What do you guys find the best way to embed fonts is?

I tried embedding a font using the [embedd] metatag in the class, that was no go. Then I said, ah screw it, ill just create an empty dynamic textbox, and embed the font that way... that worked however I could not get the font to appear as bitmap text, if i set the dynamic textbox to 'bitmap text', the font no longer got imported.

What I ended up doing was embedding the font from the library, and now i say font = new whateverFont.fontName.... that works great, but i can't control what characters get embedded and basically it embeds the whole thing.

What method do you guys normally use?