To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:01 AM
Subject: [Flashcoders] syntax checking in flex

The eclipse IDE highlights syntax errors, but only for source files that are
actually referenced by the document class of the actionscript project (or
referenced by a class referenced by the document class, and so on).  Other
actionscript files in the project which aren't explicitly referenced don't
automatically get syntax error highlighting.

I'm trying to write some framework code, and it's annoying to have to write
a line in my doc class everytime I make a new class, just to get flex to
highlight my errors as I'm typing.

Max Kaufmann l Technical Artist

2105 Sarah St  |  Pittsburgh, PA 15203
O (412) 567-4606 W www.silvertreemedia.com