-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Trim
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 9:14 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] Clashing Class Names

Hi Flashcoders,

Can somebody confirm my worst suspicions (think I am answering my own
question here)

swfA loads swfB

Both swfs are compiled from separate classpaths but share a similar
class structure, so

swfA compiles classes like

swfAProject/com/UserInterface/Application.as
swfAProject/com/UserInterface/UIButton.as

and swfB compiles

swfBProject/com/UserInterface/Application.as
swfBProject/com/UserInterface/UIButton.as

I'm presuming that when swfB is loaded the _global.Application class is
overwritten? As when I do this the whole thing spins off into 100% CPU
hell.

To separate these out will I need to restructure them to be...?

CommonProject/com/A/UserInterface/Application.as
CommonProject/com/B/UserInterface/Application.as

(intergrating the code is not an option at this point).

What would people suggest as best practice here? Apologies if this is a
bit of a newb question on OO.

Many thanks,

Michael