Hi Danny,

I'll definitely look into that, if not for this project, it'll come in
very handy for later ones. So far I heard of SCORM, but never looked
into it really in depth. Isn't it for web based learning only?

My current project is going onto a DVD (through a Zinc exe)

Nik

On 7/3/07, Danny Kodicek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > Hi Ron,
>
> That seems very re-assuring. The problem I am having really
> is that I find it very difficult to find out more about using
> XML in Flash on a more advanced but still small scale level.
> I can parse attributes, and nodes, but most examples deal
> with 1-2 attributes, that can be easily be pushed into a
> small one dimensional array, or node level depths of
> 1 or 2.
>
> I am developing a course with 20 odd modules, and e3ach one
> has 5 or so sections with content in it, and I am packing the
> module titles into one XML so this can be changed globally
> for all sections (which works fine), but I am having a
> difficult time creating a proper structure for the content
> XML, that holds the section content links (PDFs, audio files, etc)

Have you looked at SCORM? If you're making XML like this, it might be worth
your while to use the SCORM framework to store your data. It's bloated as
hell, but will mean that your courses can be easily imported into Learning
Platforms. If you use it from the outset, you may save yourself some work
later should you choose to use it.

Danny

Nik C