-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Mark
Hawley
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 1:44 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: RE: [Flashcoders] Casting to Array

David's suggestion doesn't actually cast to array, though -- it makes a
shallow copy of the array and returns it. This will lead you to many tricky
bugs.

If you really *really* need type checking on arrays, make a List class to
wrap arrays and only use that.

> From: "Danny Kodicek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2007/07/20 Fri AM 10:07:47 CDT
> To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
> Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Casting to Array
>
>  > As it's AS2, you might think about making it so
> > doMyArrayFunction will not expect an array, but will take anything:
> >
> > class ArrayTest {
> >
> >     public function ArrayTest(a) {
> >             trace(a[0]);
> >     }
> >
> > }
> >

> > new ArrayTest([1,2,3,4]);
> >
> > works fine.
>
> Yes, but I'm trying to do things 'properly' :)
>
> I've been quite enjoying the discipline of strong typing and it seems a
> shame to lose it for a little technicality. I like David's suggestion,
which
> I'd imagine works pretty fast.
>
> Thanks
> Danny