Hi,
cant you just attach the dispmap to the parent mc holding the children?
greetz
JC

ps to get the placement correctly you might need to set the mask through
setMask()

On 7/24/07, eric e. dolecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I started coding up a little sniper scope thing.

bmp on the stage of the scene.
a larger bmp pulled out and used with a displacement map/mask to simulate
the magnified sniper scope with some displacement around the edges of the
scope occular thing.

However I'd like to have mcs on the stage to show up in the scope as well
(enemies)... i haven't seen anything like this yet, or perhaps i need to
redo my code to make things work properly.

anyone have demo code or somethign that shows this effect in action?

- eric