Hi Ian,

In one of my previous posts I was gonna suggest a custom Event that holds the
contextInfo stuff as well, but then decided not to.
Basically because I don't know what exactly this piece of the puzzle fits into.
What I mean is, there's several ways of doing what you want to do. Two of them
I already mentioned.
- store them in B (Dictionary)
- pass them onto A (getter/setter)

Third would be to have class A dispatch a custom event which holds the
contextInfo, but this also means you'll have to pass the
contextInfo to A in the first place (in B) and since you wanted to avoid that,
I didn't mention this solution earlier.

In Flex (AS3), the third option is what I use now, dispatching custom events.

For instance:

// pseudo code (I'm in a hurry, sorry)

class LoginEvent extends Event {

    public static const LOGIN:String = "login";

    public var data:UserVO;

    function LoginEvent(type:String, vo:UserVO=null) {
        super(type);
        data = vo;

// somewhere in app
function loginUser() {
    var vo:UserVO = new UserVO();
    vo.name = "foo";
    vo.password = "bar";
    // create new event which holds user data
    var evt:LoginEvent = new LoginEvent(LoginEvent.LOGIN, vo);
    SystemEventManager.getInstance().dispatchEvent(evt):
}

// somewhere else in app -> some class that listens for LoginEvent.LOGIN
function loginHandler(event:LoginEvent):void {
    trace(event.data.name);
    trace(event.data.password);
}

regards,