Something along the lines of fscommand("exec", "pdfOutput.exe source.html
target.pdf");

Or any other extension that might be useful for producing report documents
for our ROI/Value Calculator desktop products.

We are currently able to produce html reports for the desktop, but we cannot
produce pdf or ppt documents. Having these capabilities would add a lot of
value to our applications. It would additionally balance frequent technical
cases for using other OCX wrappers over AIR.

fscommand exec is the only way I could think of implementing this feature.
Is this command available in AIR? If not, why? Can we expect to see pdf and
ppt generation in subsequent versions?

On 7/25/07, John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Curious, does anyone know anything about the capabilities of fscommand
in
> AIR applications?

"FSCommand" was originally for the plugin to communicate with its host
browser. Then later it was extended a bit to control properties of
Projectors. The current externalInterface communicates with the hosting
browser today.

But there isn't a hosting browser in AIR. What would you expect it to do,
what are you hoping to accomplish...?

jd/adobe