Hello :)

In my opensource framework when i want create a calendar with appointment i
use a Calendar class :
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/src/asgard/date/Calendar.as

More information about VEGAS : http://code.google.com/p/vegas/
Install VEGAS : http://code.google.com/p/vegas/wiki/InstallVEGASwithSVN

Example to use the Calendar class in the SVN repository :
http://svn1.cvsdude.com/osflash/vegas/AS2/trunk/bin/test/asgard/date/

To creates a model of appointment i use my MVC and ADT (Abstract Data Type)
implementation with HashMap class.

Basic example with an hash map :

import vegas.data.map.HashMap ;

var map:HashMap = new HashMap() ;

var day:Calendar = new Calendar(2007,6,29) ;

var appointement:AppointmentVO = new AppointmentVO( day ) ;

map.put ( day.valueOf() , appointment ) ;

/// ...

var app:AppointmentVO = map.get( new Date(2007,6,29).valueOf() ) ;

trace( app ) ;

PS : My HashMap implementation in AS3 in VEGAS is based over the Dictionnary
class.

EKA+ :)