We've written an application using MSAccess DB. It was slow. Took longer
than it would using a webservice. What's worse is Zinc runs those commands
synchronous. Freezes the app for several seconds - until the command is
complete. There is a toggle to use the API asynchronous, but this does not
work. I did a side by side test with SQLite, and though it responds a couple
hundred milliseconds quicker, it's still pretty slow... I mean, a couple
hundred milliseconds is a long time in and of itself when you're speaking
desktop level responsibility.

This was about a year ago, so things may have changed... Just a friendly
heads up.