Anyone???

Is using timeout for this just standard practice?

mario gonzalez wrote:
When I compile the SWF (flash 9 / as3.0) I have a function which uses stage.stageWidth to create a grid.

For the children of any object, I of course use Event.ADDED_TO_STAGE to avoid getting a null reference to stage. However this is for my document class. The hacky work around that I have is to put the function on a timeout. I feel like this shouldn't have to be done, and there must be some way of getting the right dimensions of the stage from flash on creation.

Does this happen to other people?