ClassReference is a reserved word, at least it is in Flex 2.

regards,
Muzak

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Matte|BLITZ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:05 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] AS3 loader applicationDomain question

Is this supposed to work?
Right now flash IDE crashes everytime when it reaches the line: var instance =
new ClassReference();
I just want to add the loader.content to the stage instead of the whole loader
instance and I thought that would work..

function load():void{
                var loader:Loader = new Loader();
                loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,
completeEvent);
                var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest(source);
                loader.load(request);
}

function completeEvent(event:Event):void {
                var className:String =
getQualifiedClassName(event.target.content);
                var ClassReference:Class =
event.target.applicationDomain.getDefinition(className) as Class;
                var instance = new ClassReference();
                addChild (instance);