To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 6:15 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] AS3 MovieClip - Flex .swc compile error - null
objectreference

I compiled a flash movieclip component .swc for flex from flash, problem is, I get a null object error when i try to access the instance of things on the stage, however, this error passes the testing inside flash but not flex. Do all objects need to be instianted from the library by casting or can you instaniate them from the stage too?
How do you work with the laying objects out in flash then accessing them in
flex properly?

var p1:MovieClip = new Product as MovieClip

Or can i instaniate with instance names?

Thanks,
Patrick