Hi list,

I'm having trouble with the focusmanager. I created a Joystick
component that should be able to receive focus using the tab-key
(tabIndex) or by clicking it.

Since it extends UIComponent, implementing the tabIndex version is
easy; at init, set tabEnabled to true and tabChildren to false.

Now when the user clicks the component, it should also receive focus.
I've tried to call setFocus(this) or getFocusManager().setFocus(), but
the result is no focus, and worse, the joystick element with which you
control the component stops functioning as if the mouse is ignored.

Does anyone have an example or a good source about the FocusManager?
Thanks in advance.

Bart Wttewaall