natalia Vikhtinskaya wrote:
Hi
I thought it simple but that does not work.I am trying to show long dash
c="a — b"
txt.html=true;
txt.htmlText=c;
But that does not work. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
Flash actually only displays a few HTML entities:

<

"
& (I think)
and one other that I forget.

If you want to use any other special characters, use the code appropriate to your encoding style. In ASCII, for example, it's symbol 151, which you can enter in Windows with alt-0151. In Unicode, I think it's \u8212, but don't quote me.