Hi list,

I've been dabbling in the black art of wrapping function calls today, and
seeing the list is now and then visited by questions on how to trace
function names for functions being called and how to insert and take out
debug statements, I've decided to post this here, hopefully it's of use to
someone, otherwise just ignore it:):

http://objectpainters.com/blog/?p=62

Basically assume you have this (excerpt from the post):
var lTestClass:TestClass = new TestClass ();
lTestClass.testMethod(1,2,3);

it that it prints (testMethod calls testMethod2):

This is printed by testMethod
This is printed by testMethod 2
Using the FunctionWrapper, it will print:

=> Entering testMethod with arguments 1,2,3
This is printed by testMethod
=> Entering testMethod2
This is printed by testMethod 2
<= Exiting testMethod2 with no return value.
<= Exiting testMethod with return value:I am testMethod's returnvalue

Greetz and a nice weekend to you all!
JC

ps you can specify which trace function to use, eg trace or _global.tt or
whatever.