I think you should register every step by capturing what is written in the
text field into an array. when u press the undo button you set the text
field to show what is in the last index (and by using a counter or
something, u get the index before and  so on).

hope this helps theretically :)

cheers

On 9/3/07, James Marsden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking at building a very simple text editor application in Flash,
> which needs an undo/redo stack of around 20.
>
> My question is related to capturing the events in the stack; whether the
> done thing is to capture the state of the text field contents at every
> step, or just to record commands that are operated on the text field.
> For example, when cutting a piece of text, does the system record the
> state of the textfield when the cut is made, or does it just record the
> action and values related to it, ie. "cut /piece of text/ from string
> position 344".
>
> Any advice from bods with experience in this area much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Omar M. Fouad - Digital Emotions
http://www.omarfouad.net