you have scope issues, the function never gets called because the MovieClip
cant "see" it.

target_mc.closer_mc.onRelease = function()
                               _parent.removeMC();
                       };

or if you are in AS2 you can also use Delegate

target_mc.closer_mc.onRelease = Delegate.create ( this, removeMC);

also I would recommend joining the flashnewbie list for this kind of
questions.

:)

On 9/7/07, Lee Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have created a Class that has 2 functions within it
>
> Function 1 loads a movie clip
>
> Function 2 removes the movieclip
>

> I have a button setup in function 1 that reads like this:
>
> target_mc.closer_mc.onRelease = function()
>                                 removeMC();
>                         };
>

> Of which contains a removeMovieClip();
>

> Except it doesn't does anybody have any advice on calling functions from
> within a function?
>
> Many thanks

...helmut