Whether they blit or not, everything is still a pre-rendered sequence, except the text. The clip layout is identical every time.

I don't believe any distorian or 3d library API was used (ie PV3D or Sandy). There are a whole bunch of pre-rendered sequences that they are applying color transforms to to get the final cards. Anything to do with the card is pre-rendered. It's a 3MB file - look at the graphics.

It's not 'composited' at runtime. Content is placed in a hierarchal layout - ie, old school Flash 6 style mc layout to get the look of perspective on a clip. The clips are separated into center content and bottom content (possibly top). The content is placed inside of that.

Doing this through PV3D or Sandy, or any distortion API in actionscript wouldn't be a good approach anyway for something like this - not easily modified.

Aside from the content on the card, it's still 'video' in the sense of all the pre-rendered sequences.

cheers,

jon