That's an interesting twist on what I found.
I had a Flash 9 SWF. The Flash 9 SWF loaded a Flash 8 SWF. The F8 SWF had a movieclip instance that would grab several different animation SWFs that would get loaded into the movieclip.

So, first it would load animation1.swf into the MC instance, and then when it was done, it would unload and load up animation2.swf. Of course it worked fine in just Flash 8, but inside the Flash 9 SWF - I could never load that second animation into the same movieclip instance. I could only get around it by loading it into a different movieclip instance.

I wonder if you're experiencing sort of the same thing. Even though you have 2 different loaders, maybe they somehow talk about the same movieclip instance in memory.

Not that its a reasonable problem. It's pretty ridiculous if you can't do it. But thats what I've found, and I've found that I just have to work around it.

ben

Dave Segal wrote:
I am  having some problems loading multiple Flash 8 movies into Flash 9. I
understand that this not recommended and that is preferred to work with
all Flash 9/AS 3 content.
Here is the situation. I have 2 Flash 8 swfs, let's call these
"f8loader1.swf" and "f8loader2.swf". Both of these swfs instantiate the
same class, "F8AssestClass",  which loads another Flash 8 swf,
"f8asset.swf".   In my Flash 9 application I am loading "f8loader1.swf"
which instantiates "F8AssetClass" which loads "f8asset.swf" just as
planned.  However, when I then load "f8loader2.swf", it starts up and
instantiates "F8AssetClass" but "f8asset.swf" never loads. I have tried to
load "f8asset.swf" with both loadMovie and with the MovieClipLoader. It
never loads the second time.

I have a project where the above scenario is going to be in play multiple
times and I don't have much flexibility to adjust the Flash 8 content. I'm
hoping someone can help me understand what is happening here and let me
know if whether it is possible to achieve this. I have example files I can send if anyone is interested.