This might seem like a dumb question, but are you calling super() in the constructor of the class that extends MovieClip? Is the class public?

Steven Sacks
Flash Maestro
Los Angeles, CA
--
blog: http://www.stevensacks.net
gaia: http://www.gaiaflashframework.com

Helmut Granda wrote:
Thanks bob for the suggestion.... I guess I still having a little bit of
issue tyeing both of the classes together... For example I have this...

ClassA = DocumentClass
ClassB = CustomXMLLoaderClass extends EventDispatcher
ClassC = CustomIMGLoaderClass  extends MovieClip

ClassA.addDispatcher(ClassB) which then fires when the XML items I need are
completed,

Following your suggestion then I did a simple "addEventListener" on the
document class....
ClassA.addEventListener(ClassC) but for some reason ClassB never hears Class
C when images are done loading

I can of course extend ClassC from the EventDispatcher and I will get the
same results as I am doing with ClassB but then I am not able to add the
newly loaded Images to the stage with  "addChild" since the compiler whines
that its not a DisplayObject which makes sense since it is inherited from
the EventDispatcher....

Thanks again....
Helmut