Hi,

   Steven Sacks posted this the other day.

   Glen

   "Preloading FLVs is easy peasy.

var progressTimer:Timer = new Timer(10);
progressTimer.addEventListener(TimerEvent.TIMER, updateProgress);
var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
nc.connect(null);
var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc);
progressTimer.start();
// PLAY IT THEN PAUSE IT
ns.play(path);
ns.pause(true);

private function updateProgress($event:TimerEvent):void
{
dispatchEvent(new ProgressEvent(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, false, false, ns.bytesLoaded, ns.bytesTotal));
}

private function onNetStreamStatus($event:NetStatusEvent):void
{
   if ($event.info.code == "NetStream.Buffer.Flush")
   {
       progressTimer.stop();
   dispatchEvent(new Event(Event.COMPLETE));
   }
} "

Matthias Dittgen wrote:
Hello,

I want to use video for character animations and so I want to preload
several videos without to play them while preloading.
How can I do this in AS3? I found only the play("something.flv")
method. Are there any other possibilities?

Also, I am currently waiting for my metadata handler to be called
before I accept a video as loaded, because I need to set its height
and width, which only works using these values.
video.videoWidth and video.videoHeight doesn't work for me all the time.

And because I have more than one charactor of its kind, do I need to
load the flv as often as many characters I have?

Any suggestions?

Matthias

Glen Pike
01736 759321