I have a scroll component that sometimes is deleted from the display list
while the user is holding the scroll bar and I get this error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object
reference.
    at fl.controls::ScrollBar/fl.controls:ScrollBar::thumbReleaseHandler()

We know this error is fired since the scroll component is non-existent by
the time the user releases the scroll bar...I am trying to catch it but not
sure how should I catch this type of error since this is fired from within
the component...

I have tried the following:

sp.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, catchError);
sp.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_LEAVE, catchError);

and so forth... I am still trying but some suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Helmut