Jason,

I recently put together a bar chart, rendered entirely by code in AS2,
where the points must be connected by a line.  I draw the entire line
(which might look like a profile of the Rocky Mountains) in one mc, and
set a mask over it in another mc.  I use the tween class on the _width
property of the mask mc, and tween it from a width of 0% to 100%.  It
worked out great.  With the tween class, I could control the duration of
the time it took to draw out the line.  The key is that the complete
line is plotted out only once.  Email me offlist if you want to see it.

Michael Mendelsohn at fmglobal period com

- Michael M.