Working in AS2. Since the TextSnapshot class is limited to static text, I don't think there's any way to do this, but I hope I'm wrong.

I need to be able to take an arbitrary string of text, for example:

   You can see more  Info  or  Proceed to the Next Page.

And then render this out so that there is a button around "Info" and another around "Proceed to the Next Page". If this were static text then I could use the TextSnapshot class to determine exactly there these phrases started and stopped and then put buttons around them.

The only technique I've ever found in AS2 to determine where dynamic characters start and end is to run iterations where the width of a text field is shortened until the text wraps, at which point you theoretically get horizontal position of the last character of the field. However, I've found the results to be very inconsistent.

Thanks for any input!

Andrew