You can pass any time to seek, but the NetStream will jump to the nearest keyframe of the FLV.

If you seek(4) and the nearest keyframe is at 7, it will jump to 7. Go to YouTube to see this happen as you scrub. Some of their videos have 15 second keyframes.

If you've got control over the videos, you can publish them with more keyframes, 1 per second if you want, or more if you want more accuracy.

Stutter-free loop? I'd say queue up a second NetStream of the same url and start it right when the other one ends or hits a certain timecode and attach the new one to the Video object at the same time.

Shant Parseghian wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem using seek. In a listener for "NetStream.Play.Stop" I
have a call to stream_ns.seek(1). I am trying to loop a stream seamlessly. I
put a trace on the stream_ns.time and after the seek is called, the time
displays as starting over from 0. When I change the seek command to a value
of 3 or 4, it still isn't accurate to what I'm sending it. Is this a bug in
my trace or is the seek not as accurate as it should be?

If anyone has any advice on getting a clean, stutter free loop on a
NetStream I'd love to hear some thoughts. I've tried a lot of different
methods with no good result yet. Thanks.