From: August Gresens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Flash Coders List <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:13:43 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] zinc 3.0 overhead

Anyone else find that frame rates drop significantly with Flash projects
wrapped in Zinc? Despite claims of performance enhancements, I'm noticing a
significant decrease in performance with an AS3 SWF running in Zinc 3.0 on
windows compared with the Flash Player.

Using the flex sample at http://www.bubblemark.com/ I found that the project
ran about 50% slower on Zinc than in the flash player (25-28 FPS in Zinc and
47-50 FPS in the Standalone Flash Player 9).

Kind of a disappointment for a product touting itself as a game development
platform for Flash. Has anyone else been down this road?

Note: I was testing with the trial version. Not sure if the trial watermark
could slow down the performance that much or not.

Thanks,

August Gresens
Technical Director
Black Hammer Productions, NYC