On Mar 27, 2008, at 7:37 AM, Alistair Colling wrote:

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible for flash to process a regular photograph to produce a pop-arty image like this:

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgpo7028+pop-art-andy-warhol-1962-che- guevara-poster.jpg

A little Warhol-style transformation huh?

I am not sure if this is possible or the best way to go about this. If someone could let me know if this would be possible to do and maybe give me some direction as to how to do it that would be great.

100% possible.

Check out BitmapData.paletteMap() as one option. Additionally, you could use BitmapData.threshold() to get different value areas, colorize them and recombine them.

Lots of options.

cheers,

jon