If you're not actually accessing any of the properties of the MouseEvent in your listener function, you could do the following:

(...args)

or you could keep it strict and use

(e:MouseEvent = null)

Either works fine, though the second one is explicitly cleaner.

Omar Fouad wrote:
Hi,
I've got a function that is called when a listener listens an event like:

fancyButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, myFunction);

private function myFunction(e:MouseEvent):void {
   // statements...
}

If I try to call myFunction using myFunction() , the compiler throws me an
error, saying that the function expects an argument. At this point how
should I call this function without dispatching the MouseEvent Event??

Thanks